Tuesday, September 12, 2006

PICTURES!

These are my current socks from Schaefer Yarn "Lola". I am now working on the foot. These are knitting up quickly (after I figured out how to read the pattern correctly).
I took a class to learn how to read a chart and this is the scarf we did in the class. I'm about 3/4 of the way through this.
Self-striping socks. These took me a long time. I'm not sure why it's not like I had to do any work to get the stripes to stripe.
Socks from Cherry Tree Hill Superwash sock yarn.
These socks are made from my friend off ebay that hand-dyes her yarn. I have purchased several skeins of yarn from her and I always love her creations. I might get brave and say who it is some day but that would add to the competition.
Finally, my 3 one-skein wonders. The skein of yarn on the mantle will be next one-skein wonder. With that said, it is yarn that doesn't have enough yardage on one skein so it is really a three skein wonder. I love it anyway!

Well, that gets me up to date on finished and current projects. I was at Border's this morning and I purchased "Knit Fix" and "Toys to Knit". Now that I'm an aunt (nothing to do with being a mother)I should probably knit some toys for my niece. This book has a super cute doll pattern and doll clothes patterns as well. I might even knit the monkey for youngest son, and snake for middle son. Oldest son might just be out of luck! However, he might like the bumble bee, fish, penguin, or the kangaroo. Ha!

Yesterday I went to my LYS to get help on reading a pattern (duh)and I just happened to bump into April from micaknits.blogspot.com. She was supermom shopping with her almost 3 year old son in her arms. He's a tall boy! It was interesting because when I walked into the store April was talking to the owner, Annameike (hoped I spelled that right)and she said something that just made me think I would know her. Sure enough when I asked her name I knew right away it was here. It was our first time to meet! Who would of thunk it! Meeting a fellow knitting blogger in my LYS!

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Yea for pictures! Your OSW turned out great.

Amy

1:26 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Great pictures. You've been very busy. And how fun, meeting a blogger at the LYS!

1:39 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

It was SO nice and very exciting to meet you in person! I think I almost started jumping up and down!

I see you got the pictures to upload, sometimes it's such a pain! They are great pictures! Maybe I'll see you again up there soon (like after pay day? lol)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Look at all those FO's - woo hoo!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Awesome socks!!! Great pics too! And you got to meet April??? OMG, I'm so jealous!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home