Monday, September 11, 2006

I'm an Aunt

I have a new neice. Her name is Melissa and she was born on 9/1/06. I got to see and hold her the next day and the next day and the next day but then I had to come home and its been a week since I've seen her but I love her immensely. She is my brother's (my only sibling) first child. We have been waiting for about 13 years for her so it's a blessing beyond words to this family. And, I get to buy and make girly stuff now! I have several pictures to show you but for the past hour I have been trying to upload these photos to my post here and nothing is coming up! This is why I get so frustrated with the photo aspect. I have a picture with 3 one-skein wonders. I have several pictures of finished socks and I have 2 current projects that I am working on. Maybe I can get them on later. My blog birthday was Aug. 25th I think, and the day came and went with no blog update here. But, I'm here now. The past several weeks have been a blur in a way. I have had some minor health issues that kind of kept me from doing stuff. Well, I did keep knitting so it couldn't be that bad! Anyway, I'm on the mend and hopefully all will be completely well soon. I find myself in a dazed state today knowing it has been 5 years since 9/11. My husband had just joined me full time here in Texas and he is from New York. He was taking the boys to school and I had the news on and called him on his cell to get home without turning on the radio (he was listening to a CD). Even tucked away in a small Texas town, we were devestated. I literally lay on the couch for a week watching the news just hoping a pocket of survivors would be found and I wanted to be awake and not miss that happy event - which never came. My husband had to drag me out of the house while he is the one that lost friends and former coworkers. That Thanksgiving we went to NY to be with his family. Kevin went to Ground Zero with our oldest son and took photos which I scrapbooked. I went there in April 2002 and took pictures - several being of memorials left around the cathedral. Interestingly enough as I scrapbooked the photos that I took in April I noticed some familiarity in some photographs. I looked back at the photos I scrapbooked from Kevin's trip and I had a photograph of a white sheet that anybody could sign (Kevin and Brian had done so). Next to the sheet was a large poster of red and blue hand prints from an elementary school (which is what I recognized). I had taken a picture of it in April as well and there was that white sheet and I could see Kevin and Brian's signature 5 months later. If anyone saw these memorials, there were thousands. How is it that I just happened to get the same photo that my husband had taken? I didn't notice it until I was back at home, probably 2 months later or so and actually getting them in a scrapbook. I think it's a cool coincidence. I have pictures of some beautiful drawings and lovely poems. I wonder where all that stuff has gone now. I'm glad I have them preserved in my albums.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Congratulations Stephanie!!!

Amy

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home