Thursday, August 17, 2006

First Day of School

So, I drop the boys off at all 3 separate campuses for their first day of school. We are on time. I'm showered and dressed. I see the breakfast for parents dropping off children for the first time that are emotional. I ask where is the breakfast for the parents that have been doing this for awhile and want to celebrate they got through the morning! Then "IT" happens. I have a call from the middle school son. He forgot his PE uniform and he needs it. I come home, get it and take it to him. I'm still looking for a little celebration even though I don't have it as together as I thought. Then "IT" happens again! Youngest son calls. I didn't pack his lunch. Okay, I didn't pack his lunch but he and oldest son go to the same school. Oldest son has a 1/2 day (first day) and I just thought it was the whole school. No, just high school. So, I came home, made his lunch, took it back to his school. I was finished with all that by 10:20 a.m. We left the house orginally at 7:35. Now, I'm not looking for the celebratory breakfast. I'm looking for the glass of wine or a margarita. Is 10:20 a.m. too early? This is what happens when you have children. I had my socks packed in my bag so that if I was sitting in carpool line I could knit. That didn't happen either. I am going to a "Sit and Knit" at my new LYS tonight so it's got to get better right? Tomorrow is Friday - thank goodness! I'm ready for the weekend. I'm scrapbooking on Saturday!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Hee - there's all that "urgent" creeping in! A mom's work is never done!

Have fun scrapbooking - I did that last weekend and got almost all caught up again!

11:41 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

When it rains, it pours!
Amy

1:58 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

hopefully that's just a first day fluke...maybe it will get better?

2:56 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

I hope we never have to do 3 campuses! We have two this year and on the first day, with the lateness who will remain nameless, going along for the first day, he had to jump out on the street(sidewalk) with my oldest and run for it! Fortunately they give you a little leeway on the first day. After that, I decided we'd try the bus with the oldest one! haha

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Yep yep, sounds like us... three campuses, but thankfully not this year. Although, here's what my day was like yesterday (on our first day of school). All three kids leave together with Football Star Son driving and dopping off Little Brother Football Star at the Jr. High. Then, FSS comes home at 12:30 and hangs out until he has to leave at 2:30 for football practice. I also have to leave at 2:30 in a different car to pick up Cheerleader Daughter who is just now getting out of school. Then at 5:00 I get a call the Little Brother Football Star son is finished with football practice so I go and pick him up. Then at about 6:30, FSS comes back home in car number one. Considering that it's a good 20 minute drive each way to the school, I can see that we're going to be arranging some car-pooling if possible. AUGH.

So yes, I feel your pain.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home