Friday, August 18, 2006

2nd Day of School

. . . happened without any problems on my part! Woo Hoo -- supermom is back! That's funny y'all and I'm laughing at myself. I went to the sit and knit at my LYS last night and apparently I got out of my chair at some point because I came home with some new purchases. I bought 3 different yarns. First of all I bought (drum roll please) sock yarn! It is from Schaefer Yarn and it is handpainted. It is called "Lola" and believe me it's bright! Hot pink, purple and orange. Then I bought some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (dark blue but it's really teal) for a scarf I will make in a class I am taking next week. Then I bought, in black, Debbie Bliss Pure Silk for a shrug I am going to make in one of the new books I recently purchased. So, I still have more knitting to do (the stash grows). I finished my latest one-skein wonder in a brown color out of Rowan's summer tweed. I now have 3 completed one-skein wonders and I love them! I am working on yet another pair of socks in some self striping yarn I purchased at a going out of business sale at my old LYS. I promise to not give y'all an accounting of every school day from here until May because trust me . . . you'd get really bored!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

We are thinking about picking up that Shaefer sock yarn at the store. Let me know what you think about it.

Amy

1:53 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

I think after getting through the fist day of school a yarn celebration is more than called for. Funny how kids forget to take things to school and then look at you as though it was you fault (my daughter has a special look for when she forgets her coat and it rains - hello?! Who is wearing it???, or when son2 forgets his flugle? - Do I play the flugle? Do I go to flugle lessons?).... The yarn sounds gorgoeus - especially the bright one - sounds totally divine

9:35 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You just had to get your groove back! The yarn store sounds like a success and you have some fun projects planned.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home