Thursday, June 08, 2006

On the Other Side of 40

Well, I made it! I am now 40 and nothing has changed. I still have to do laundry way too much. I had such a great time in Lake Tahoe.
My husband did a great job planning the trip and everything was wonderful. We flew first class, we stayed in a great hotel, we ate wonderful food, we rented my favorite car a convertible Mustang,
we enjoyed a couple's massage, we relaxed and read by the lake and the pool, we did the hot air balloon ride, we found a local yarn store (woo hoo), we visited Squaw Valley to see the Olympic village and it was basically a ghost town, I lost $30 on the slot machines (I'm not a gambler can you tell?), we drove around looking a real estate (I don't think we will be buying a vacation home there too expensive), and just all around had an awesome and relaxing time. The hot air ballooning was really beautiful.
We arrived at 6:45 a.m. and watched the men get the balloon all unwrapped and rolled out and blown up. It was so cool! We climbed in the basket and we were off. We just floated and floated. It was very smooth and not frightening at all. We went up to about 4000 feet but didn't drift far as it just wasn't too breezy - which is fine with me! My husband and I both took tons of pictures for our scrapbook! We were up in the air for an hour. I loved it. We then went to a little town, Truckee. I think that's the right spelling. And that is where I found Jimmy Beans Wool. The main store is in Reno.
My husband finds it odd that I have LYS radar. We got there about 9:30 and the store didn't open until 10:00. So Kevin took a picture of me looking in the window. He might think there is something seriously wrong with me . . . oh well! I bought two skeins of Lorna's Lace to make some thick wintery socks. I need those in Texas ya know! So, that was my yarn treat from my Lake Tahoe trip. I am leaving for a week of vacation tomorrow. I'm taking my oldest son to sea camp in Galveston, hanging out with my youngest son during the week until time to pick up oldest son. My husband is taking middle son to CA to Disneyland, Legoland and the San Diego Zoo. He does a father/son trip with each child and they get to pick a spot. Michael chose Legoland and Kevin (husband) said well while we are there . . . So, I went to my LYS Wednesday to spend my birthday money and I finally got a swift and ball winder. I wound 6 skeins of yarn and I thought it was so much fun. It is all sock yarn and I am very excited to keep on knitting. How much should I take on vacation. I am going to Yarntopia in Houston on Tuesday. I have seen the online pictures and can't wait to visit the store and add to the stash. My brother and sister in law are giving me some cash to spend there as well. I just see that as gravy cause I was already going shopping! I bet Amy and Sheryl don't mind one bit! Problem is they have posted so many cute samples they have been working on for the store, I can't even begin to imagine what I will end up with. But, you will find out here! So, I guess I won't post for awhile but in looking at my recent postings that won't seem odd at all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! Either Kevin is super tall or you're really short! Have a great time on your trip and buy lots of good stuff at the yarn store.

10:32 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Sounds like you had a really great vacation!

1:14 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

welcome to the right side of 40!!! Imagine if this is 40 - then what on earth with 41 be like? LOVE the photos - you and that car look like you belong together and the balloon ride sounds brilliant but my favourite photo is you outside the yarn shop - you remind me of a cat we had that used to appear outside and it had the most beseeching eyes when it wanted in. That cat always got its' way......

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Oh my gosh!!! You're going to be in Galveston??? That's right by me! How did I not know this??? I'm trying to email the gals at Yarntopia and Christine to see if they can help me hook up with you (pun intended) while you're here!!! And if you have a laptop of internet access and get this message, email me at yarnaholic1963@yahoo.com!!!! Would love to meet you!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Jeanie just emailed and now I am commenting. I SO want to meet you. When Tuesday do you plan on being here? I work in the afternoons, Amy works mornings but I will come anytime. Email me if you get this at the shop!!!

4:47 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

See you tomorrow! Can't wait!

Amy

2:46 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Hi! I found you in Jeanie's comments. It sounds like we have a lot in common, both Christian wives and mothers, on the other side of 40, both have tall hubbys, have hot air ballooned - but YOU have been to Yarntopia! Lucky!! I have to get there someday.

I'm adding you to my blog lines, so I'll be back!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home