Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm Still Here

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I got kind of stuck doing school stuff during the end of May. I am taking a vacation from volunteering in a leadership position next year. I'll still volunteer, I just don't want to be in charge. These are the baby booties I made on Mother's Day.




This sock yarn in shades of pink is my current project and as you can see, I am on the second sock. I am almost finished with the ribbing. I know I should try a new sock pattern but I seem to be in a bit of a rut. I will try to do a new sock pattern after I complete this pair.



These are my blue/green socks that took me forever to finish. I think they took me over a month to complete which is just ridiculous!

Well, I am off to Lake Tahoe tonight. My husband is taking me there for a quick trip to celebrate my 40th bday. I'm not freaking out yet, but my actual day isn't until Saturday. My big adventure on Saturday is to go hot air ballooning and I am very excited about it. Hopefully we will go horseback riding and do some hiking as well! I'll post some pictures next week. Maybe I'll get those pink socks finished on my trip! So, I'm off to finish packing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday. Have a great trip and take some pictures from the hot air balloon. The green socks are great and those pink ones are so bright and happy.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

Happy birthday! the hot air balloon ride sounds great. Hope it is as fun as it sounds.

4:41 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Have a great trip!! It sounds like so much fun! I bet Tahoe's just beautiful this time of year.

1:50 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time.

Amy

4:29 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Happy Birthday!!! You're almost old enough to lie about you age and young enough to get away with it. I love those pink socks - they are totally delicious. Enjoy your break away - a balloon ride sounds fantastic.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home