Monday, May 15, 2006

Wouldn't ya know?

I had an opportunity (the first in a long time it seems) to work on and hopefully finish my socks, but wouldn't ya know that in the second round of knitting, one of my size 1 dpn's broke. What is a girl to do? Get the spare right? Wrong! It was the spare that broke. So I called my good friend Amy at Yarntopia and she has needles for me to buy and a pattern that I was looking for. I'd like to buy all her yarn but I'm saving that for when I visit her store in June. So, since I had this knitting time, I decided to knit the baby booties. I have never knit baby booties before and ya know what? They go fast! That was my knitting "duh" moment. I will post a picture as soon as I get the ribbon to run through the eyelets in the booties. They are called ballet slippers. So so cute! I have made these booties for my cousin that had a baby a week and a half ago. So, I'll post pictures of these soon! Now I'm off to assemble a shark costume of sorts that my youngest son needs for a project he is doing tomorrow. He was an Indian 2 weeks ago and now a shark. I need a break from school people! And here I thought with me graduating XXX years ago, I'd be done with homework . . . apparently NOT!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Your goodies are zipping their way to you via UPS as we speak.

If you are interested in taking some classes while you are down, you can look at our class calendar on our site (www.yarntopiaonline.com).

Can't wait to see you again!

Amy

6:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Bummer about the needles, but at least new ones are on their way to your door. I can't wait to see the baby booties.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

I think I get to meet Amy (finally) tomorrow!!! I'm meeting Christine (from Pointy Sticks Podcast) for lunch and yarn shopping! Woohoo!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home