Thursday, May 04, 2006

Finally

Wouldn't you know the day after I did my ranting my books showed up. All it took was a little ranting. Who knew ranting could actually pay off? Must tell my husband this news. He'll be thrilled! My new books are (1) Mason-Dixon Knitting by Kay Gardiner and Ann Shayne, (2) Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearle-McPhee and (3) Wendy Knits by Wendy D. Johnson. I have looked at all 3 a little bit closer and I am happy to say I am very excited to read them all front to back! I have already started! I did 15 minutes of knitting yesterday. I think it is the first time in 4 days. My hands were so happy. If all goes well I may knit in carpool line today. We have an overnight guest coming today and I did a quick clean-up of the house this morning. Now I am off to my craft room to sort through my scrapbooking stuff for the weekend. Hopefully, I will get it all somewhat organized so that I can be super efficient this weekend. Oh, and in other news, I bought some jewelry from Heather over at achancetoknit.typepad.com. I love the pieces and encourage you to check out her jewelry site listed on her blog! Please keep my friend, Kathleen, in your prayers, she got some not so great news after all her chemo rounds ended. The doctors are weighing their options for the next step at this point so she is waiting patiently. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanie said...

I hate cancer.

Praying for Kathleen...

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Oh, forgot to say, congrats on getting your books!

4:50 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Is Kathleen your friend you were knitting caps for when we met? She's in my thoughts.

Amy

2:53 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

I have the Mason Dixon one too - it is wonderful!!! There are so many good books around at the moment it is hard to restrict your choice isn't it. A rant can be very therapeutic. Will keep your friend in my thoughts.

12:29 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I'm jealous that you have the Mason-Dixon book. I want to make the curtain in there for my bathroom. Too many projects!!

So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the doctors have good news for her.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home