Monday, April 24, 2006

New Hobby? Not!

I did so much yard work this weekend. Well, for me it was a lot of yard work. I have just never had a green thumb and have been known to kill green plants of any kind. So, we will see if my work pays off or not! We hauled brush, we weeded gardens and we planted flowers. In fact, I planted more flowers today. Hopefully, I didn't just waste money buying this stuff because, well, that could have been yarn! Always can switch it to yarn and knitting! I did a teensy bit of knitting Saturday morning at my son's soccer game. Other than that not so much. We went to a dinner on Friday night and someone asked me about my hobby. I said I like to knit. She said she didn't really know people did that much anymore. HELLO! Where are these people that don't know about knitting. I told her about my latest sock craze and she simply didn't get it. Why knit socks when you can buy them (for cheap) at Target. Well, I simply said because I LOVE IT! She didn't get it. I couldn't explain it and frankly did not even try. So, I may finish my second sock this week. And after that I am going to try my hand at a pair of baby booties for my neice or nephew due in September. Then back onto socks . . . well because I have yarn to make lots more pairs! I ordered Mason Dixon Knitting and another knitting book about 3 weeks ago from Amazon. They are still not here. See, it's been so long I can't even remember the name of the second book. My husband checked on the status of me receiving these books (cause I don't have enough projects in line as it is) and they aren't even scheduled to be sent out until May 1st. I could have gone to Barnes and Noble or Borders. What is up with that shipping process? Just asking.

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I get the same reaction when I tell people that I knit. Are these ladies living in a cave???

Amy

4:44 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I had an order once that got hung up in Amazon's computer system - I ordered a book in February and I still don't have it. When I talked to the customer service people they told me there was a glitch and they couldn't cancel the order, but to order again and then return the first order to sender unopened when it finally showed up, but it never has. I reordered the book and it came in about 3 days - so??

Yard work - I don't dare plant flowers until after Memorial Day b/c it'll snow again up here. You should take some pictures so I can live vicariously through you.

8:06 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hey! I've been trying to email you back to comments on my blog but for some reason my emails keep getting kicked back to me. So I'm not ignoring you, I just don't know what's going on!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Yeah, I get the same kind of comments from people about knitting vs. cost. It's true, if I only cared about the finished product, and only in a functional kind of way, I'd never knit anything. But I love the process, and the feeling that I've made something useful with my own two hands. Sigh. Some people will just never get it.

6:04 PM  
Blogger RoxyKnits said...

I rarely knit in public as I find it so relaxing I usually want to drop off so generally avoid the 'what - you knit' questions that can be so annoying. Amazing how much knitting has changed over the last 5 years yet some people have no idea of this.

Love the happy socks by the way. They're great!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

You April from Fort Worth said something about our knitting per capita being extremely low since we're so spread out in Texas. I hate that!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home