Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Weekend

Well, I got back from LA on Sunday night/Monday morning. The weather here in Dallas/Fort Worth area was very bad and our plane was held up for about 4 hours. I got home at 2 a.m. My trip to LA was good and it was wonderful to be able to help my friend in need. She is amazing and has the best attitude. I had never experienced a cancer center before and this particular center is at Cedars Sinai Hospital. The staff is amazing and it is just incredible what these patients endure. My friend is doing ok. She has a very long road ahead of her and I could not help but feel helpless. So, I just kept her company, fed her and even made her laugh a time or two. Unfortunately, while I was gone my sweetest cat, Millie, died. She was 15 1/2. I had known since August that she wasn't well and when I left home on Wednesday I knew I might not see her again. I asked her to please wait for my return but the poor kitty could not. She died in her sleep on Friday night. Yesterday was a very sad day for me being home and experiencing all the firsts without her. I know it will get better, but boy oh boy do I miss her. My veterinarian's office sent me flowers yesterday. I think that is so kind. I have to say that I was in the perfect place to not be with Millie. My friend has a 19 year old cat, Mel, and she immediately handed him to me to love on as soon as we received the news. She actually suggested I fly home but I knew I wanted to stay with my friend. I will post pictures of my newest completed socks and what I am currently working on tomorrow.





Millie 1990 - 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

So sorry about your pet. We too love our animals and understand how sad you must be. My prayers are with your friend.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm so sorry about Millie. Losing a pet is so hard.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home