Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mission Accomplished!

See what happens when your child has the flu? You can get some knitting done because you are confined to the house. You can also get lots of laundry done, but who in their right mind would want to do that? So the first sock is finished and I have 4 inches on the cuff of the second sock. I am doing 6 inches of ribbing. I took these socks to my oldest sons dr. appt. this morning. Whenever I go into their office they all like to see my latest project. The last couple of months it has been socks. I do think they think it odd that someone would actually knit socks but they are always interested to see what I'm doing. These socks are loud and bright and I'm loving them alot!


This is the shawl I knitted for one of our school's auctions. We have one auction this week and another auction next week. I made an identical shawl for next week's auction (different school). So, I will be curious to see how they bid up. The auction that is this week is serious stuff. The class projects that are on display are already bidding in the $200-$500 range and the auction isn't until Friday night. I know it's a good cause, really I do, but sheesh people that could be lots of fun and beautiful yarn. Okay, I won't think like that . . . too much.

My son is feeling better and he will be back at school tomorrow. Yes, I am smiling! My husband is off to another hockey game tonight so no cooking and more knitting time and "Lost"! I will be very annoyed if they sneak in another rerun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

No more reruns! Great job on your projects - they look wonderful

4:05 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Is the flu going around again? dangit they had the blasted 5th's disease rampaging in W.S.-ISD and 2 out of 3 of my kids have had it so far. I hope the flu doesn't start up there, too. =( We've had strep, Scarlet Fever, 5th's Disease, and now it's Chicken Pox in the school (which is the same virus for the 5th's) but there's just no break between the illnesses lately!

8:01 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I love both projects. Your socks are super cheerful, and I'm sure the shawl will be a high bidder.

I hope to see you soon.

Amy

5:23 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Those socks are fabulous!!! It would be hard to part with such a pretty shawl (but I guess its a good cause), happy knitting

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home