Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm here with my SOCKS!



This is my first pair of socks that I have knitted in a couple of years! I absolutely love them. I haven't worn them because in Texas it is getting quite warm again. Well, I've worn them to try on and to take pictures, of course. This is a basic sock pattern with an 8 inch ribbing. The ribbing lasted forever. I have quite a bit of yarn left over and plan on making some baby booties for my neice/nephew I am expecting in September. Did ya hear that? I am expecting? I'm sure my sis-in-law will appreciate that since she is the one with the morning sickness!






These are the current pair of socks that I am working on. I am doing the same pattern but with a four inch ribbing instead. I will also have quite a bit of this yarn left over as well. Baby booties!






And, when I finish the current pair of socks, this is what is waiting for me. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have found a woman on ebay who spins and dyes her yarn. I have lost out on the last 2 auctions but that's okay (I keep telling myself). I am not ready to take up the dyeing process on my own yet. I have been reading my favorite blogs just about everyday. It is amazing how much time goes by and I notice I haven't kept my own blog updated. I am heading out to Los Angeles on Wednesday to help my friend through her 5th round of chemotherapy. I will be taking my knitting with me and I bought a couple of books to read as well. She told me she will be out of it most likely but I will knit and read (in that order) while I wait for her to need me. My boys left town on Friday with my parents. My husband and I have had all this time to hang out and do our own thing. We have been eating at our favorite restaurants, we have seen 4 movies, and we are going to a hockey game tonight. We have slept late, well except for the dog who wakes us up at night to go out (what is he a baby?) And, I've been knitting! No interruptions to make someone a snack or dinner! Woo hoo. But, I have talked to the boys every day twice a day and it makes me miss them a teensy tinsy little bit! Isn't that just crazy? Okay, back to knitting before the hockey game . . . maybe I'll take it with me!

5 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

hooray! a finished pair!
/is very proud
they are sooo beautiful, i love fraternal twin socks, soo much more personality. they look lovely and cosy :)
have fun with the nxt ones. and try dying your own yarn!!! its awesome and so easy!

2:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

The socks look great and I love the yummy yarn. Definitely take you knitting to the game.

1:32 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

What beautiful sock yarn! They turned out great.

Enjoy your time alone. It is precious.

Amy

7:17 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I'm trying to race through my current socks - there was a hint of coolness here in Houston in the air today, and I'm hoping I get to wear them at least once before it is too hot!

9:58 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Those socks are gorgeous!!! and the yarn is really pretty - I LOVE those colours

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home