Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Some Days Later . . .


I spent all weekend and I mean ALL WEEKEND working on this sock. I did 8 inches of ribbing on the top and then stockinette stitch on the foot. Pretty simple pattern but 8 inches of ribbing on a size 1 needle for me goes v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w. I've got the sore hands to prove it. My oldest son was home all weekend with me watching movies and he would look over at my progress (or lack thereof) perodically and say "that's all you've gotten done?" He would tell me how long I had been sitting here and tell me it doesn't look like much. He's out of town on a class trip (Disney World) now. Won't he be disappointed he wasn't here for the finale of the sock? No? Oh but just in case he feels like he is missing something, I have started sock 2 and I have about 1 1/2 inches of ribbing completed. I know the striping isn't going to match up, but I think with the color variations being the same, I think it will be quite unique and well . . . me! It's going to be another slow process but since husband and oldest son are gone (Disney World) I'm sittin and knittin! They think I'm not having fun ha! I am! I'm knitting! Socks! Now my other 2 boys --- JEALOUS! I told them they could knit socks with me and for some reason that just didn't seem to make them feel better. Things make you go hmmm? I am still looking for the perfect pair of shoes to show all my socks off, but haven't found them yet. But, I'm on a mission!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Perfect. I love the colors and sitting and knitting socks sounds like a whole lotta fun to me.

2:48 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Very nice Stephanie! I'm glad you aren't one of those people who obsess over whether or not your stripes match up. Life is too short!

Amy

3:43 PM  
Blogger Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

I haven't knit socks yet. I might give it a try when I finish the flowers for Amy's shop and the baby blanket for my niece.

My husband gave mea terrific pair of bright Fair Isle socks that I have worn with sandals so they would show. I got lots of comments on that.

5:15 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Hi
I love the socks!!! re 13yr old sons - they seem to lose the power of normal speak and just grunt don't they. I tried grunting back at him but he just looked at me as though I had lost it - must have been the wrong grunts....

1:49 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

welcome to my parlour said the spider to the fly.... :p addictive or what?

11:34 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Those colors are so pretty! must do more socks, I miss them =)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home