Friday, February 03, 2006

I Have Accomplished . . .

nothing. I've been working on a pair of socks that I found hanging out on my dpn's that I thought I had lost. I only had the ribbing done on the first sock so progress is very slow! I have been working at my boy's school doing a mass mailing a good part of the week and then filled in for a receptionist that became ill. So, I haven't had much knitting time. How do you working women do it? Okay, I am divulging some personal information here that I'd like prayers on. Well, it's not me but it involves me - emotionally. My brother and his wife are 8 weeks pregnant and everything looks good. This is their 4th pregnancy. They don't have any children yet. But as of today's doctor visit the baby has doubled in size from last week and the heart rate is good and all the other stuff that should be happening at this point is happening. So, pray for them that the baby stays healthy as does my SIL and that they can relax and enjoy this time. They are on pins and needles. They've never made it past 4 months. So, hopefully all will be well and I can knit some baby goodies! Woo hoo - I can get it back to knitting and getting something accomplished!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I commute and knit over lunch (and I don't have kids - so my evenings are pretty free). I can't wait to see your sock and I'll say a prayer for your SIL.

3:38 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I wake up at 5:30 so that I can have some free/knit time before the girls wake up.

You family is in my prayers.

Amy

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

Your SIL and the little one are in my prayers.

11:00 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

The trick with working and having children is to not expect things to be perfect! (not that they ever were around here anyway).

Fingers, toes and everything crossed for your brother and SIL

12:48 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Praying for your SIL...

I hate the feeling that I've been working like crazy but have accomplished nothing, but I've decided that some days are just more productive than others and try to deal with the ones that aren't. Usually I find out afterwards that the day was more productive than I'd thought and that I really did accomplish stuff... I just didn't really see it at the time.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home