Thursday, February 09, 2006

Doing the "in" thing

I always do the "in" thing like a year or 2 later. It goes without saying for fashion. I NEVER like the current fashion. It has to grow on me. I have to see it on other people for a long time before I even begin to like it. Then, when it is on the 75% off rack and in the wrong size, I like it! So, if I'm lucky (or not) I am in fashion a year late. Same seems to go with knitting. I may not be a year late, but after seeing "Sensational Knitted Socks" and "Knitting Vintage Socks" on EVERYBODY'S blogs for quite sometime, I finally bought them off Amazon. The mailman has just delivered them and now I must knit some socks. I actually have been to my LYS 2 times this week looking for the right needles but she is out . . . still. Hopefully, they will come in next week as she is having a store-wide sale. Also, I bought my 2nd skein of sock yarn off ebay (and I'm lurking in the shadows for a 3rd). I had them both wound up at my LYS store today. Everyone was oooing and ahhing. Then my mailman also delivered a 3rd skein of yarn I bought from ebay. It is a mohair/wool blend from Dancing Leaf Farm in the Salsa color - purples, golds, greens and blues - very pretty. I have a lacy shawl in mind from a pattern I bought long ago. It will be good for this weird Texas weather. If someone has a good idea for 490 yards of wool/mohair besides this shawl, let me know! I am currently working on a simple basic triangle shawl for a school auction project. It's pretty. I'll post pictures when it is completed. What a fun mail day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh, I love mail days. I'm glad you're going to be knitting some great socks and your yarn purchases all sound divine.

12:45 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Boy, it was like Christmas all over again for you!

Amy

1:39 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

oh no another sock addict.... i need help, seriously :p so much yarn so little time

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

You will totally love those books! And don't feel bad... I just ordered mine a couple of months ago ;-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

i do that fashion thing too, hmmm... wonder why? They always say, don't be the first, and NEVER be the last - LOL

9:04 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

I totally know what you mean about the lag time on doing the "in" thing!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I don't have either of those books, so you are ahead of me there ;) I have heard great things about both though!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home