Thursday, January 26, 2006

Still Knitting!


I finished my sweater and I like it. I finished it on Monday and I have let it sit in my knitting bag with the ends not sewn in. It's not like that is a complicated thing to do. It's just kind of boring. It's also not like we are having any kind of reliable winter down here in Texas that I know I could wear my new sweater. I need incentive. Hanging it in the closet is not incentive. So, I have decided that today is the day that I weave in the ends. About this yarn . . . I don't think I will ever use it again. As I mentioned in my last post, it was expensive. It took 6 balls of yarn to make the sweater (again very pretty yarn) H.O.W.E.V.E.R. there was a flaw in EVERY SINGLE ball. One ball even had a stain on it. Thankfully it was the very first ball I used and I went ahead and knitted it in. It's in the back of the collar and it won't be seen - my hair will hide it. But still! I just don't understand how EVERY SINGLE ball of yarn could have this problem. Next subject . . . I stepped out of my box this week and went on ebay and bought a skein of yarn. This does not go against my yarn buying ban either because it was ebay - not my LYS. I have been emailing with the lady that dyed the yarn and I received it yesterday - quick service! My stash grows. It was advertised as sock yarn and could be as such but it is so pretty I don't want it hiding on my feet. I have to get some good show off my sock shoes! Lolly found some a little while ago and I have been on the hunt but unsuccessfully so. I am in the process of making the shrug in the Ecru color from the cover of Knit It magazine. If I had checked my gauge (don't ask) I wouldn't have had to undo the almost finished back and start over. Seems I was knitting a little too tightly hence the sore hands! If you relax it won't hurt. Maybe I was stressed out or something. But, it knits up very quickly and I've almost gotten back to were I was before I undid it all. So I think I will have it completed by the end of the weekend. California Closets is installing my pantry today so I do have a lot of sit home time. Later in the day . . . the pantry looks great - now to put everything back in! But at least it will be organized. My blog isn't letting me do more than one photo for some reason so I'm going to do a part 2.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I couldn't get on blogger yesterday afternoon, so sorry for the late comment. The sweater looks great! I love the color and the simple design. You should take a picture while you're wearing it!

8:02 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

I love that space dyed yarn - it is beautiful and the sweater looks wonderful too, but I know what you mean when you fall out of love with a yarn and it cost oodles of money - that is so depressing. I think it must be like a knitting flu or something as you are so out of sorts with the world when it happens. Still, may your next project be with the yarn of your dreams!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home