Monday, January 30, 2006

Project Failed

Well, I finished my shrug today and . . . . . it is AWFUL! I totally messed it up. Oh, it's put together and all but it will NEVER fit me. I think my gauge was just way off. I checked my gauge but I kept knitting too tight. So, I need to rip it out completely or throw it in the garbage. I'm thinking garbage. I have yarn to make a blue shrug but I'm thinking not right now. I have to figure out where I went wrong. I was bummed when I tried it on and it didn't fit. But, I knew before I finished it that it wouldn't fit. I kept hoping between binding off and trying it on I'd shrink about 4 sizes. Didn't happen. Oh well . . . so I'm thinking socks are next. It has been a couple of years since I made socks but surely I won't mess those up. I'm going to use the yarn that I bought on ebay last week. I have to check through my needles. I'm not sure I have the right size so it might mean a trip to the LYS. If I don't buy yarn though it still won't count towards my yarn ban. I never said I couldn't go buy needles at the LYS. My friend in California received a good report from her oncologist today. The chemo appears to be working and she is so happy. She still has 4 rounds to go. She will have surgery after that. Well, that's all I've got for tonight. Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I just recently finished a cardigan with the same result as yours. It's heartbreaking. I tried to chalk it up as a lesson that "if you think it is going to be too big, rip it out NOW!"

5:14 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What a bummer. Maybe you can just rip it and reuse the yarn for something else. Needles totally don't count and have fun with your socks.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about that! Needles are an investment - much different than yarn ;)

2:54 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

put it aside and forget about it with a nice pair of socks. then come back and think can i A) make something else with this yarn or B) find a beautiful friend it would fit.
much less stressful than yarn disposal (particularly when on a ban, you must conserve resoucrces)

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home