Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm Excited!

I just got an email from my friend in California that I made the chemo caps for. She received them yesterday and they all fit! Woo Hoo! I was worried because she said her head was small and at that point I had made all but 2 of them! So now that I know that pattern works for her I told her to let me know if she wants anymore colors! I am so glad that the hats work for her and that she can take a little piece of my love with her whenever she wears them! On a not so exciting note - this sweater that I am working on I really like and you know it is coming BUT for an expensive yarn (even though I got it on sale) I keep coming across knots or unraveling in the yarn. I think I have been able to work with it to some degree by either cutting the yarn at the end of a round or if it is a large enough fuzzy spot I will just knit it and make sure that the fuzziness is on the inside. Hopefully, I won't keep cutting little pieces making me run out of yarn before I finish. I find this frustrating. Well, we will see how it goes. I've gotten a lot done so far. I will take a break this evening as I am meeting a friend for mexican food and margaritas! Husband still doesn't feel so hot and he's coming home from work and getting in bed and taking pain meds. Hot dog night for the kiddos! Oh and another thing. I bought the current issue of Knit It magazine. While buying books the other day I was browsing through magazines. I love the shrug on the cover of Knit It. It is done with Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick so I went to Michael's and picked it up. If I like it, I'll probably knit up some for our school auction in different colors. I bought the ecru color and a very pretty blue. It looks like it will be a fast knit! Okay, so much for the yarn buying ban I put on myself but I figure since it wasn't in my LYS and just at a regular retail craft place then maybe it doesn't count. Yep that's what I think! And, I bought the book "Night" that Oprah talked about for her current book club reading among other things! Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I had the same problem of knots with the yarn I used for Frieda. Super frustrating - just what we want - more ends to weave in. I hope you had a great weekend and I can't wait to see your sweater and the shrug.

9:11 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

thats so ridiculous! if you're paying top dollar you ought to get a ball without inconsistencies!
shrugs sound great, and of course it doesnt count as a YS!
glad the chemo caps went well :)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

That is so wonderful about the hats and your friend. It is so sweet that you did that for her.

That shrug on the Knit It cover really caught my eye too - so cute!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

What kind of fiber is the yarn with all the knots? If it's wool or alpaca, you can spit-splice the ends and just keep going. Margene has a good post on how to do it: http://zeneedle.typepad.com/zeneedle_process_of_art/2004/04/commentary_on_l.html
And here's someone else's post on how to avoid weaving in ends with non-wooly yarns: http://shaxophile.blogspot.com/2005/12/non-wool-equivalent-of-spit-splice.html
Hope that helps!

7:13 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'm so glad that your friend liked her hats. I'm tickled that I got to see them in the flesh!

That is very dissappointing when you spend tons of money on a yarn and it's knotty. If it is animal fiber, you can always to the spit felting thingee. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Amy

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home