Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Home Alone!


Well my husband is off to work and the youngest son is off to school. I came home after dropping the boys off at school and curled up the couch and finished reading a book, "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" by Ann Packer. Apparently it is a Lifetime Movie. Good book. I've been reading quite a bit lately. The problem with that is, it takes away from knitting. I read 2 books by Anita Shreve last week - very good in my opinion - "The Last Time They Met" and "The Weight of Water." If you read them, read them in that order. "The Last Time They Met" read it to the very last sentence of the book! I like her. So, I think I am out of books again and must make a run to the book store. I usually go to Barnes and Noble. Oh, and I am always complaining about how books are predictable. I did not think these books were predictable. Okay maybe "The Weight of Water" was a teeny bit predictable. The other two really kept my attention. What to read next? So, I got absolutely no knitting done yesterday because I was caring for the family. I was going to knit at my oldest son's soccer game yesterday afternoon, but it was too windy and it was a very cold wind so that I was wrapped up in a blanket. Probably some fingerless gloves would be good to have for such an occasion. Yikes! Another project. And again, I cannot get my picture to post that shows the progress of my sweater. Maybe because I took the photo last Friday and I've worked on it since then so it's not an accurate picture of progress. But, the picture of the yarn I'm using is showing up. I'll take another photo later and try again. A flower delivery just arrived for my husband - hmm too bad he isn't here to enjoy them. I'll just toss the card and pretend they are for me! His coworkers are wishing him well from his ATV accident!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Have a wonderful day at home. I love to read too, but hate that it takes away from knitting. On some basic things I can knit and read at the same time. Try it.

8:46 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I love the color you chose for your Pure & Simple sweater. It will look great on you.

Amy

10:45 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

love the sweater yarn, yum yum!
you should try the voodoo wrist warmers on knitty.com, they dont get in between your fingers so you can keep warm hands but still knit with ease.
even better, write a new card and tell him you have a secret admirer. best prank ever :p

5:07 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

I hope the ATV accident wasn't too serious. the poncho is cute =) I'm glad you liked my socks =)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home