Saturday, December 10, 2005

Santa Claus Came To Town


Well, Friday is over and Santa Claus was the best character in the play. There is absolutely no favoritism in that comment. At the very end of the play he had a singing solo and I almost cried. It was about believing in the Spirit of Christmas, that He will always be there, and being kind to everyone. The wig and beard that middle son had to wear was a little cumbersome and I had to run backstage once to rearrange it because he had come out with the wig almost backwards. It was funny, but I didn't want him to be so distracted that he forgot his lines. He didn't! These are kids with sensory issues as it is so you want things to be as comfortable as possible for them. I'm not going to bore anyone with the chaos of the day because there was but when you see children with special issues pull something off like this when their teacher was not good, they missed 2 days of school prior to the play and had not had a full dress rehearsal, well it was all about the children and they were AWESOME! It was worth everything I did and more! Okay, knitting news. I think I'm gonna do it. I think I'm gonna knit my mother shawl she has been begging me to do for about a year for a Christmas gift. It's just a big rectangle, garter stitch on big needles and I could probably do it in a few days - week at most. And if I didn't finish it by Christmas, her birthday is Jan. 15. My brother and his wife were supposed to come to us for Christmas but there has been an emergency in my SIL family and they are going to them instead. My Mom is bummed but understands so I wanted to be extra nice. Yep, I think I'm gonna do it. And I haven't even sewn my tunic together . . . but I will!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

He looks adorable!

I would love to get together for coffee when you come. Shoot me an email closer to the day so that I can check my schedule.

Amy

2:10 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

He is so cute - he is the definitive Santa! If you don't make Christmas time for your mum's shawl it will be the "not-Christmas shawl" and therefore probably extra special as it will come with family stories knitted into why it didn't make Christmas.

You are one speedy knitter.

3:15 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

oh wow how gorgeous! that's a memory (and giant photo) you will treaure always.
isnt christmas knitting awful? im up to my ears in it and what i really want to knit are some socks for myself...
but i'm sure you'll finish the shawl quickly and then you can seam your tunic and wear it for christmas (appropriate colour as the cranberry sauce wont show up if there is an 'incident')
nice to have you back :)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home