Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Just Relaxing


Well, Christmas has come and gone and I am sitting. Doing nothing. Which is not what I should be doing. I completed my Mother's shawl in time for Christmas and she was thrilled. It is similar to one I had made myself a year or so ago that she has wanted me to copy for her. I had purchased the ribbon yarn a few months ago and just purchased the black yarn - Berrocco's Quest - the week before Christmas. So I completed it in about 3 days. My Mother is planning on wearing the shawl for a New Year's Eve party. Now I am working on the chemo do-rag for my friend. I am almost finished with it. I have yarn on hold at the LYS for a chemo cap with one skein from Berrocco's Chinchilla. I think I have 4 or 5 skeins on hold. I should go get them today. I had a very nice day on Christmas. My husband and children gave me pearl earrings that I had been eyeing for about a year. They also gave me a handbag from a designer that I like - Kathy Van Zeeland. I was quite surprised that my husband and oldest son did that on their own! My parents gave me a lovely pair of earrings they purchased while on a cruise in the Fall. The earrings are called "Carribbean Topaz" and have blue, green, and pink going through them. Really lovely! My children were thrilled with their gifts. My middle son said it was the best Christmas ever! Mother and I cooked a dinner of prime rib, twice baked potatoes, green beans, sauteed mushrooms, rolls and a salad I copied from a favorite restaurant. We enjoyed our meal to say the least! My husband and Dad spent about 4 hours putting together a basketball hoop for the boys. Next year I'll think about stuff that doesn't have to be assembled. Next year????? Let's not go there . . . yet! We are taking the boys to a Dallas Stars game tonight and to dinner at Reunion Tower - one of those revolving restaurants that overlooks the city. It should be fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Amy

1:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It sounds to me like you had a perfect family Christmas. The shawl is beautiful.

2:29 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

glad you had a good day! the shawl is gorgeous :)

3:38 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Hey Stephanie,

As of right now, I don't have anything planned for either Monday or Tuesday. Let me know what you think. I can't wait to meet you in person.

Amy

9:02 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Happy Hogmanay!!!! (even more important in Scotland traditionally than Christmas). Your knitting is wonderful - your mum is so lucky to have a daughter like you (and I bet she knows it). Love your photos - especially your new tunic - gorgeous colour and your kitty cat:)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home