Tuesday, December 20, 2005

It is Done!

I finished the tunic - I have worn the tunic - I have bought more yarn to make another tunic! I will post pictures soon. I love it and I like the way it fits and I like the comfort of it as well. I bought the same kind of yarn in a deep purple/blue to make another one. There have to be at least 10 other yarns I'd like to do it in as well. All I need is TIME!!! I do have to say I got a little offended at my LYS today. I was waiting for the new yarn to be wound and I was looking around just wanting pretty much everything in sight when a lady (another customer) came up to me and asked if I had made the tunic (I took it in for show and tell) and the sweater that I am wearing today and I said yes. She asked me if I work. I said well, no, I'm a stay at home mom (I hate when I do that) but I did it. She said, oh that's why you have so much time. I then in turn said well, I find time to knit becaused I enjoy it. I also knit in carpool line, at doctor's offices, at boy's sporting events and when I watch TV at night with my husband. And IF IF IF I can get my husband to drive when we are running around, I knit in the car. So I FIND time lady! I don't just sit around eating bon bons all day watching Oprah - face it she is only on 1 hour! But if I'm watching, I'm knitting! Phew I feel better now. In any event the first tunic is done. I love it really love it and look forward to the next one. I am now working on a shawl for my mother for Christmas. It seems to be coming along quickly. Then I am going to knit up 2 hats and a scarf for a dear friend who begins chemo on Monday (12/26). Then I am going to knit up a hat for me for when it's cold out and I have to go to oldest son's soccer games. Then I'm going to knit 1 of 4 sweaters waiting in the wings . . . . thankfully I have so much time!!! I did tell my LYS owner she probably wouldn't see me for a while since I have so much in the wings, but she said come on in and show me stuff as you finish. Cause you know I won't look around once I'm there! I am feeling really festive now that all the busyness of school stuff is over! Merry Christmas everyone! Oh and did I mention that I finished tunic? I'll post a picture SOON!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

PICTURES!! You can't just tell us how wonderful your tunic is and not share pictures. I want to see! :-) Silly lady at the LYS, I would have been tempted to tell her what I thought of her snide little comment. But, I'm not as nice as you. We all find the time! And I'm pretty sure you're a lot busier than those of us who aren't stay-at-home moms. So there.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home