Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Blogs . . .

I was reading Stephanie's blog at Unwindknitting.net and she is having an optional tag so since I don't have much progress on my tunic to tell you about I thought I'd answer the questions as well. But before I do, I am in the process of finishing up the tunic. I have one sleeve left to set. It's been a little troublesome but I'm sure I'm gaining knowledge and experience - just positive about that! So hopefully, it will be done TONIGHT!

Why Do I Blog? Well, I admit to being completely computer dumb. I don't know how but several months ago I happened onto a knitting blog. I don't remember which one at this point. I would read the comments people posted and learn that they had blogs too and after commenting on the same blogs for awhile, the owner's asked me about mine. I didn't have one, didn't know how to have one, didn't know if anyone would be interested. So it began with fellow bloggers encouragement and now I really enjoy it. I like the friendships I have formed and I appreciate the common interests with fellow knit bloggers as I don't have any friends that I really knit with here at home. We know that knitting is FUN here in blogland!


Why Do I Read Blogs? Oh my goodness because it's addictive. I love to see other's progress. I love to hear the little goings on in people's lives and I love the inspiration and great ideas I get from the blogs. As soon as I sit down at my computer, I have to click on my favorite blogs and see what's going on, if a new post has been done yet and so on. Then I get to reading comments and their blogs and time has gone by that I should have been doing laundry. And blog reading is much better and enjoyable than laundry!

I hope to have my tunic completed tonight and pictures posted in the next few days. I might be away for a couple of days so bear with me!

5 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

go steph go!!!!

1:48 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I agree that blogging is addictive. I really like the community aspect of it.

Amy

5:32 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for answering. I'm glad you have a blog and I'm glad I got the chance to know you.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

It is amazing - my experience was very similar. I stumbled upon one, and then all of the sudden there were millions! I can't believe the sheer size of this community!

Have a good weekend, S!

7:16 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Hi Step! I'm you happened upon my blog! When I first started blogging, I was beginning to think my sis and I were the only Ft Worth Knitters! Since then I've come across a couple more, but it still seems we are fairly scarce. One of the ladies that lives nearby told me about the FtW S&B, but it meets on a day I can't make =( sob - I'll be marking your blog in my fav's so I'll keep an eye on ya!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home