Monday, November 14, 2005

Stockinette Stitch

Well, I am still working on my hippy chic tunic. I have completed the back and am about 11 inches into the front. I have to knit to 15 inches before any shaping begins. I have 106 stitches on the needle right now and doing that in st. stitch can be very slow. I see that I am working the front much slower than the back. So there is definitely progress, just no completion at this point. I am going on another scrapbooking retreat this weekend and hope to get 2 Christmas albums complete. 2 friends will be joining me which will be fun because the last two retreats I went on, I went alone not really knowing anybody. Maybe that is why I got so much completed. I have a crazy week at all 3 boys schools this week, so by Friday I'll be ready for a glass of wine and some girlfriend time! I'll take my knitting just in case I get finished scrapbooking but who knows if I will. My husband is taking me to see Paul McCartney on Sunday evening. We saw him a couple of years ago and well, I like him so I'm going. I'm stuck in the 70's and 80's music wise. I cannot believe the holidays are almost here. We moved into our home this spring and I never sent out change of address announcements to all our friends so I need to get the official letter and picture done by the beginning of next week so that I can beat everyone else mailing out so they will know where we are. My Christmas cards (that I receive) are so important to me. I cannot believe I'm thinking Christmas cards! And it's 83 degrees outside - not sweater weather!

3 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

aah i love St st. so calming. what size needles is that baby one anyway? sounds like a nice long process knit.
i know what you mean about christmas (except of course its mid-summer here so not as weird). but i cant believe how quick its sneaking up. i have no idea what to give anyone!
enjoy your retreat :)

1:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

But the cool weather is coming today! 'Bout time!

4:45 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

83 degrees? It was -30 w/ the wind chill here this morning. I'm jealous of your warm weather. I understand about the holidays! It's scary how quickly the holidays arrive.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home