Sunday, November 06, 2005

Show Time


I have gotten quite a bit of knitting done this weekend on my tunic. But, it is one of those stockinette stitch patterns for the most part and does seem to move a little slow at times. With that said, this is a simple enough pattern and a classic looking sweater that I'd like to have in several yarns and colors. So we'll see how it goes. Here is the progress so far.

Here is a backview of the shrug I made. It just covers my arms so there is nothing in the front except for the arm coverage.









Here is the "Famous Shawl" I finally finished and now need to buy an outfit to wear it with. Talk about an expensive project! The things you got to do.


And lastly, here is the sock yarn I bought for my MIL and the wool I bought for the felted bag.
















I went to a small family function last night to celebrate my grandmother's 96th bday and my son's 7th bday. I was visiting with a cousin that I rarely see - maybe once a year. I always carry my knitting with me because if I'm sittin, I'm knittin! She knew I liked to knit but she had no idea that people would do things more than baby blankets or booties. She was wearing a cardigan and I told her I could probably knit it up in a month or so. She was amazed that we knitters actually do this. I didn't know people didn't know you could knit a sweater! She kept telling me how talented I was. I told her that if she thought I was talented she should visit blogland and see the real talent. I told her I'm still learning! But it was fun to teach someone about my hobby! Well, I should be caught up with my photos for a few days at least! I'm liking my new camera by the way! I like being able to delete the photos right away if I know I won't be using them in my scrapbooks! It's great to see if the color is right and make sure all eyes are open! I'm moving up in this technological world- s.l.o.w.l.y. Same cousin told me how she edits and colors photos and tints black and whites on the computer. Let's not even go there - yet!

6 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

wow i love the colour of the burgundy sweater, looks sooo nice and soft too. i dont know about you, but i find stocking stitch very therapeutic. and you can do it and read or watch tv.
my friends were initially amazed by the whole knitting sweaters thing but now they're like "spider, with the $60 you spent on yarn, i could buy 2 sweaters and a celebratory latte... and wear them today".
ejoy the adulation while it lasts :P

9:44 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Beautiful FO's! I love the colors.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Your projects look fabulous. Thanks for the great pictures.

9:22 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I grew up on a ranch, but went to school in Weimar, TX. Weimar is a tiny town on I-10 that is smack dab between Houston and San Antonio.

Amy

5:05 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Lovely shrug! I think those are great colors. I also love the new stash enhancements--Trekking yarn is so much fun! Love the colorways you picked ;)

Have a happy weekend!

10:05 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

wow - I LOVE that shawl it is gorgeous and deserves more than one new outfit - totally yummy. I love the colours you pick and the tunic will be perfect for cooler weather, funny how warmer berry colours can make you feel warm just by looking at the shade.

I get a kick out of people who can't believe you can knit the things that can be knitted - its not just you could knit something but you can knit your choice rahter than rely on someone somewhere dictating that this season everyone should wear....

totally impressed
big hugs, J

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home