Monday, November 21, 2005

Progress? Me?

I went on my scrapbooking retreat this weekend and I got 2 12x12 Christmas albums completed. I make one for each year with all the events leading up to Christmas as well as Christmas day and all the pictures, letters and cards we receive from friends and family. I love looking at them over the years and see how children that we don't see that often or only through cards grow! I have had all this stuff organized all year but just got to it and now that it is finished I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. This particular retreat was even better because 2 of my dear friends went with me and we laughed until we cried. Since moving in the spring, I have not made many friends but stay very busy through my children and their activities. It was so good to be with my girlfriends and just laugh over the silliest of things. We were in a room with about 30 women and they were laughing with us. They all said they want to come on the next retreat when the 3 of us will be there just for the entertainment. So in that way - scrapbooking - there was a LOT of progress. Onto knitting . . . I think I have knitted about 10 rows since last Thursday. So just imagine 10 rows of stockinette stitch and you can see my progress mentally. I would like to accomplish a lot of knitting this week on this sweater, but a friend of mine purchased some yarn a while back and has asked me to knit her a poncho. I am not particularly fond of the yarn, there really isn't enough, and I just want to get it over with, so I am thinking about getting that accomplished this week. Well, I am off to get oldest son's hair cut - he is looking kind of scarey!

3 Comments:

Blogger Juli said...

2 albums completed? Yikes! you put me to shame! My baby is nearly 17 months old and I still have all his newborn stuff in a box. I got as far as marking it "scrapbook stuff'' but haven't gotten any further. Sigh.

I bet your books are beautiful! :)

Hugs!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You've been busy. There's nothing better than a weekend with your girlfriends. I always feel so much better after I spend time with them. But they live far away so I don't get to do it ofte enough. Good luck making progress on your knitting and teaching your friend to knit.

8:11 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

Goodness me - a yarn you aren't fond of and a friend wanting a poncho - you deserve payment in chocolate (at the very least)!!!

You have been tagged - see my blog for the questionnaire

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home