Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Oops!

My friend happyspider prompted me to check my needle size and it is wrong! Yes, friends, wrong. I did it correctly on the back (completed side). On the front the pattern calls for 1 1/2 inches of garter stitch then you go from a size 5 needle to a size 7 needle and do your 13 1/2 inches in stockinette stitch. I never changed needles after the first 1 1/2 inches. So, I'm ripping it out! Better to find out now instead of when I'm trying to sew it together. So, another few more days added to this project. I was getting itchy to start my felted bag but I don't mind holding off because I'd rather everything be done right! So I'm going to go rip out now . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Oh no! At least you caught it before you got too far.

Amy

11:16 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aaakkkk! I'm so sorry you have to rip it all out, but you're right - better now than later.

1:03 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

oh no!
glad to have helped but wish you didnt have to frog it... poor thing. :(

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home