Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A New Project

On Sunday I was going to begin my new sweater but I thought better of it. I finished two projects that had been waiting patiently for me, the famous shawl and a shrug that I had started awhile ago. The famous shawl is very pretty. It is in turqoise and shades of browns. I fringed it and it is very long and I like it that way. The shrug was originally going to be a poncho but after watching an episode of Knitty Gritty (showing things to do with rectangles) an idea was born. So, I kept on knitting, made a long rectangle, did the bind off, seamed up the sleeves to just below my underarms and voila a shrug. I actually wore it today and had many compliments on it and the "where did you get that" question. So, I will post pictures soon. Yesterday I began my new sweater. It's called the Hippy Chic Tunic and I'm doing it in baby alpaca a cranberry color. Thankfully, I had casted on the stitches in the early afternoon. While I tried to knit last night those candy monsters kept ringing my doorbell. We had so many kids and they all looked so cute! My middle son was Darth Vader and my youngest son was Darth Vader. Original huh? My oldest son was a 13 year old - scarey in and of itself! We have so much more candy in this house than I started out with and believe me, I started out with tons! As of this afternoon I still had not decided about the Christmas gifts and then I got an email from my LYS. Thurs-Sat there is a 20% off sale and with my loyal customer 10% off through the end of the year . . . well all I'm saying is I better try to get in there and rethink the Christmas gift thing. I better get busy knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I saw that episode of Knitty Gritty. Cute stuff. I can't wait to see yours.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your shrug. Sounds fabulous. Don't ya just love a good sale?

7:39 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

i love the feel of alpaca, but havent ever had a chance to knit with it. So you must keep us posted.. is it dreamy?
can't wait to see the shrug. i knit one a couple of months ago and every time i wear it i get heaps of compliments.
SALE! sounds hazardous... but fun :)

2:08 PM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

well missus all I can say is you had better post photos!!! Your projects sound gorgeous and the photos you have posted so far are wonderful - you have a real ability to put a project together.
Have a wonderful weekend, friend
big hugs.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home