Monday, November 28, 2005

Knit On

I cannot believe how fast the Thanksgiving week went by. My children were out of school the entire week so things were kind of LOUD! On the other hand I enjoy not waking up to an alarm clock. Sometimes these things kind of work together, yet against each other. I did a teensy bit of knitting on Thursday but tons of knitting on Friday. I did so much knitting on Friday that when I went to bed Friday night my hands hurt. On my tunic (as of today) I have completed the back, the front, one sleeve. I started the second sleeve today but I don't know how much time I will get with it this week. Now I begin all the stuff for Christmas at school and I'm not sure how much time it will take, hopefully not too much. We have had some wind in our area the last 2 days. It starts whipping around the house and I am waiting for the scary music to begin. If scary music does begin, I won't be looking behind any closed doors or going into dark areas! Well, that means I can't go in my boy's rooms - things are looking up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mom (a.k.a. Mary Ann) said...

I think we had the same wind blowing around our part of Texas on Sunday.
It sounds like you are making fast progress on your knitting. Keep up the good work. You're doing better than I am.

3:40 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

It was super windy down here in Houston too. I'm just glad we are finally getting some cooler weather.

I would love it if you came to visit our shop!

Amy

4:36 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sounds like a productive holiday weekend. I can't wait to see how the tunic turns out. We've had crazy wind - gusts up to 60mph! I'd really be fine with a bit calmer weather.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Well, it sounds like it was windy all over Texas. I was in Tyler and it was windy there too.

Wow...I wish I had gotten as much knitting done as you did.

Let Amy & I know when you come in January, maybe we can get together and knit. We usually go to the coffee station in Richmond. It is a cozy little spot for knitting.

2:43 PM  
Blogger kristen said...

I'm so jealous-- a back, a front and some talk of sleeves on a tunic!! I'm stuck on casting on the front for my measly little sweater.

And make sure not to watch any crime dramas on tv when it's that windy or you'll end up under the covers with your teeth cattering like me! (apparently texas wind decided to come to maryland next)

10:30 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

it's been windy in Australia too!! Craziness. Can't wait to see your tunic.. :)

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home