Sunday, October 30, 2005

Let's See If I Can



I'd like to say it's me, but it's not, my husband did it. He is the one that put the pictures on my computer so that I could post them here. Let's see if I can . . . Here is the sweater (a rear view with the hood and cabling showing) that I FINALLY finished yesterday after about 9 hours of assembly. I never got around to working on it Thursday or Friday due to children's school things. So, when I sat down to assemble the sweater yesterday (it was somewhat held together at the top by the hood) I still had to sew the side seams, sleeves, and line up the cables on the sleeves and the body. Keeping in mind this was my first cable project (and I thought they were easy), it took me f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get it put together just right. My husband let me sit pretty much the entire day because I think he was getting scared of me. I was a little frustrated! He actually left around 4:30 to take my oldest son to the U2 concert (they had a blast). Me, I couldn't have left even if I wanted to. It was one of those things that could not have been interrupted. It just wouldn't have worked. I thought I might just throw it in the garbage. And, I have been so excited to finish it. Well, it is done. I might actually wear it! With that said, this is a cotton/angora blend and as I assembled and reassembled the sweater little bits of fuzzies kept flying in my eyes (and I wear contacts) and that just added to the frustration. I took the contacts out and that helped but ya know . . . I finished a little shrug that is basically a rectangle tonight, as well. I thought I would start another sweater but this just required seaming up the sides. I like it and will post photos at another time. I would have to wear it with the right thing to do it justice. I don't have the fashion sense (ever) but especially now to make it work. So, here is the cake that I made on Thursday. I know it sold right away at the bake sale, but I don't know for how much. Okay placing these pictures in the appropriate spot is NOT working out for me! So, now I get to begin another sweater. I have 2 pullovers I'm thinking of (both with baby alpaca - more fuzzies?). I'll see which looks easiest and start there. I am still debating on the felted bags for the mothers. I'm still waiting until Tuesday. It's been a busy weekend and I'm glad I'm done with it, but now the week and the real work begins! I think I need to wash school clothes - NOW! Better run . . .

5 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

wow stephanie, that is one darn cute sweater! i know it can take ages to seam, but once you've finished isnt it just the best feeling in the world. i love love LOVE the cables, you've done so well. that cake sure looks yummy too :)
can't wait to see the shrug

9:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay, pictures! That cake looks fabulous, but the sweater looks better. Sorry it took you so long to seam it, but it looks great.

8:11 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Darling sweater, even if it was a downer to finish.

No wonder the cake sold quickly. It's gorgeous.

Amy

11:46 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

that sweater is just gorgeous - hopefully there is another cake for you to celebrate the completion of the sweater with.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

So talented! Love the sweater, even though it tortured you. The cake looks delicious. Glad you have pics now. It took me a while to figure out how to get them in the right place, too. Now what I usually do to move them is switch to the "html" view, then find the code between the "a" tags and the and cut it from where it is, pasting it above the text I want to have immediately after it. Don't know if that made sense, but you'll get the hang of it. :)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home