Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Learning a New Trick

First of all my weekend at the scrapbook retreat went very well. I completed everything that I took so that has me current through 10/1/2005 which was my oldest son's bday. I have never been this caught up before. I did 48 pages in my 2005 album (12x12) and I did 18 pages in my knitting album (7x7). My knitting album is just pictures of all the things I have knitted - a running scrapbook. I finished all this by 6 pm on Saturday evening so I had lots of time to just relax since check out time was Sunday afternoon. I finished my current book by Anita Shreve - "Light on Snow" and then I sat down, watched a movie "Big Fish" and did some knitting on my short sleeve hoodie. I got to what I thought might be a complicated part and put it back in my bag to work on at home where I could concentrate in the quiet (meaning when the kids are not at home). So yesterday I'm home (kids' are home too) and I do some organizing in the kitchen drawers and pantry. Clean out the refrigerator (seems like I do this often), run the vacuum, clean the toilets (my least favorite chore with laundry coming in second). Well, it was time to take a break even though the boys were home. I pulled out the short sleeve hoodie and sat down to do the new complicated thing . . . cables. Well hello, cables aren't hard. They look hard, but they aren't I whipped those babies out in no time. I called my husband at work and told him I had just done my first cable. I'm sure he was excited. He told me he was. He congratulated me. I told him it was as exciting as when I ran my first mile without stopping. Speaking of which . . . I have fallen off the wagon. I have not run in over a week and I am feeling pure guilt. And here I sit at the computer. I have got to get back out there! I know I do! When my husband got home he announced to the boys that I had made my first cable stitch except that he got the name wrong and I can't remember what he said now. In his own way he was bragging on me even though the boys ignored him. He looked at it and he did the proper oohs and aahs. So not only did I get to go scrapbook (and get caught up) he complimented my knitting. He can really be a good guy sometimes. Well off to continue the cleaning. My in-laws are coming this weekend and they have never seen our house before. It's been 3 years since they've been for a visit and we've moved since then! Deep cleaning - yuck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

WooHoo - success! And its sweet your hubby cared enough to compliment you. Yuck on the deep cleaning, but I'm sure you'll have fun w/ your in-laws. I can't wait to see pictures of those cables.

10:58 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

crumbs - you are so busy!!! I love your knitting projects (if only we lived closer we could point each other to the good local resources!!!) I love your colours and projects - you have great taste, and men were invented to warm our icy feet!!!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home