Friday, October 21, 2005

Back to Normal

Well, the inlaws have returned to their home and my home is back to "normal". Wow what a loaded statement. I can't even define normal for my home. But whatever it is, we are there. I went to visit a knitting group on Sunday afternoon that my LYS owner hosts every third Sunday. I took my MIL with me and we had a nice little visit with all the other ladies present. I love watching all the works in progress and getting even more inspired! One of the ladies was crocheting a beautiful baby afghan that was a pattern her grandmother had used. She actually gave me her copy of the pattern because she said she could get another one and she does it so much she has it memorized. Now I just need someone to have a baby so I can make it! I haven't crocheted in awhile but I can do it. Years ago I started this afghan that is 63 different squares. While looking through blogs the other day I say a crochet-along doing that afghan. And here I thought I had 63 really nice pot holders. I really should put them all together. Another unfinished project lurking in my house! I have been working on my short sleeve hoodie. I completed the back, and the front and just started on one of the sleeves last night. I am anxious to get this one finished now. I'm ready to start something new! Well, I went to get my camera fixed and was told basically that it isn't worth it. Everyone - well the people that I mainly listen to - are telling me it's time to go digital. My brother is like me and we both take lots of photos and he has researched the camera I was told to get at the camera store and he says go for it. I trust my brother so I think I will be getting it tomorrow. My youngest son has an event going on at school next Friday and I need a camera! I told my husband that gives me a week to figure out what buttons to push. So maybe I will be able to post photos more frequently. I have to tell you when the camera store guy started talking giga stuff I got scared. I'm trying to be brave and go with change. As my brother said "You wouldn't go buy an 8-track player now would you." He's older than me by 3 years that's why he is wise and can say things like that!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Aren't brothers great? Enjoy your new camera.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You'll love your new camera - they're just as easy (or easier) than film ones. I can't wait to see pictures of your WIPs

12:40 PM  
Blogger happyspider said...

it's so nice to be able to say "what did i do to my WIP??" take a pic of said problem, post it and in 3 hours have everyone tell you what to do to fix it. You'll love it, and once you get the hang of it there'll be no turning back!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home