Thursday, September 22, 2005

Stress Relief

I spent a lot of time at home today. I was expecting my sister in law but she headed a little west of me to my parents house. Less traffic their way. It took her 12 hours to do a 5 hour trip. She was exhausted. My brother has stayed in Houston and is just waiting to see what happens. It took my sister in law over 3 hours to go 15 miles this morning. Oh the stories are endless. I've been in the comfort of my own home today knitting away on my new sweater. I was stressed for my brother not leaving and stressed for my sister in law to be on the freeway under the conditions that are out there . . . hot hot hot, not enough gasoline, and the traffic in general. But they are safe for now and I finished the back of my new sweater and started on the front. See, it always comes back to knitting. The bad news is . . . my hands are sore. I haven't done that in a very long time! But let's not tell anyone that my hands hurt because they might think I should slow down on the knitting and not buy more yarn. That would be BAD! Cause I'm thinking if I can turn out a few more projects in the next week or two then I should go back to my LYS and see what else I can't live without. I'm really liking the way this sweater is working up. It is super easy. My oldest son had a football game tonight that I did not attend. I stayed home with my other 2 boys. We had to complete some homework. My son's team lost. He had fun in any event and was excited to get in a tackle on the other team's quarterback. He walked in the door at 9 pm and went straight to bed. Wore his little self out! Did anyone watch ER tonight? I have watched that show from day 1. Less ER action and more character storyline tonight, but I was still entertained and I kept on knitting. That's my stress relief!

3 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

i love it when you can see the sweater you're knitting is a sweater. You know, when the guy sitting next to you on the bus no longer assumes its a scarf, because it's got a v-neck, or arm holes or a cap sleeve. It's the best!
A whole day of knitting is my dream. i really should skip classes more often.
In regards to your question, the coffee holders are really quick knits - quicker in ST st but isnt everything? i think they took me 2 hrs tops for the pair.
And you can use any baby yarn leftovers you have... and i used DK for the stripey one and it's fine! rib might make it tighter if you were concerned about a thicker guage making a too-big holder.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What a great day - full of knitting! Wow. I can't wait to see pictures of your sweater. I hope all works out with your brother and sister-in-law.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Best to your brother.

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home