Monday, September 19, 2005

Quiet Time

Well, my Granddaddy went home last night. I was supposed to teach a friend to knit this morning and her son is sick so that is postponed. I went for a LONG walk this morning instead of a run because my tummy isn't feeling good. And my house is clean and quiet this morning and I'm just enjoying it. I have been going through new blogs and seeing new completed projects and am so inspired! I want to knit all of these things now! I organized my yarns and patterns over the weekend. I had scraps thrown in with needing to knit yarn. What to do with scraps? I use some of the scraps for gift wrapping. Also, I have some skeins of yarn that are full that I didn't need for a project after all. What do you do with those? Some time ago I purchased 4 skeins of Plymouth Yarn's Baby Alpaca Grande in red. It is about 440 yards total. I have NO IDEA what to do with it! I think originally I was going to make a rectangle wrap with it but I think I've changed my mind and would like a sweater. However, I don't have a pattern and I don't have enough yarn. I know I could go back to the store and get more yarn but the dye lot will be different. I could do another color with it. Any ideas? Has anyone worked with this yarn before? I have made one hat and 2 scarves with it. My husband is off to San Francisco for 2 days on some personal business. I've never been to SF. He used to travel there on business all the time and I never had the opportunity to go with him. Someone always has to stay back and mind the boys! So this morning I got everyone off to school and we did good! I refrained from going to my LYS this weekend but I think I'll go tomorrow and see if that little incentive program really works. I hope I have something good to report! I think I will work on this shawl I'm trying to finish up so I can begin something new. Ahhhh, quiet time and the house to myself. This is a good thing today!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy the quiet while you can. :-) I'm not familiar with the yarn, but maybe it would work for a lovely scarf from Scarf Style. Diana (www.streetsandyos.com) just finished a lovely one with a red alpaca blend. Maybe go check that out. There are lots of great patterns in that book - maybe a treat for yourself for winter or a Christmas gift for someone special?? A mini sweater could also work with the yardage you have. Oh, so many possibilities. What'd you decide to get from the LYS?

10:24 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

That baby alpaca yarn is luscious. Enjoy your quite time!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home