Monday, September 05, 2005

Laboring Day

I spent the day cleaning and organizing my kitchen and various other areas of the house. We moved into this house in May and when I unpacked my pantry, I threw stuff in. For some reason today seemed like a good day to finally organize it. I have a confession to make . . . I think I have a cookbook buying problem. Or at least I did in the past. Now I try to save all my money for yarn and scrapbook supplies. I did spend a couple of hours working on my friend's shawl. The reason she is getting this shawl is as a thank you gift. She is a friend from New York and a couple of years ago we had this great idea to make a friendship quilt. The story goes like this - I make 6 different squares of flowers (Texas style flowers) and she makes 6 different square of flowers (New York style) we duplicate them so we are actually making 12 each but send the duplicates to each other so our quilts will match. Nice idea huh? In theory it is nice, in reality it is not because I am not a quilter. Oh I can applique squares until the cows come home - okay I don't have any cows - but putting the top together and then actually quilting it - well it just hasn't been done before. My sweet friend (amazing quilter - never uses patterns) put the top together for me and I am going to attempt to quilt it in this lifetime! I do love quilts and have several hanging on my walls and such. If I ever finish it, it will hang on a wall as well. So, she gets the shawl for putting the top together for me. I wonder what I could give her to put the whole thing together, hmmmm. My other plan is this: my mother in law will be visiting next month and she is a quilter . . . you can see where I am going with this! It's always good to have backup plans. Well the boys claim to be hungry and the crock pot has turned off meaning the pot roast is done so I should set the table and feed the animals - I mean sweet children!

4 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

Solid Silver Wallet Pen
This fine specimen could make a great gift for retro users. Designed to fit into the fold of most men's wallets, the Wallet Pen is handmade of solid sterling silver and features a standard mini ballpoint ...
Interesting blog you have - good work Play hold em poker the most popularity game anywhere

5:16 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It's funny that you spent your Labor day laboring in the pantry. Today, I decided that the carpets needed cleaning and spent three back-breaking hours with the steam cleaner in the living room and dining room. Now I just have to get to the family room, the guest room and all five others. Oh man. I think that part can wait until next Labor Day!

9:24 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Stephanie! Wah! I've MIA for your postings for the past week or so. Fab :) I can tell already that I'm going to love your blog. But we need to see some pictures of your beautiful knitting.

8:02 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Oh, and a ps. I'm a Christian too. One more thing we have in common!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home