Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Knitting Lesson

Well, my friend came over this morning for her first knitting lesson. She is going to be making a rectangular shawl. As I watched her try to get the feel of the knitting needles and feel comfortable with the motion of the yarn and movement of the needles, it made me realize that I had come a long way in my knitting skills. I feel like I'm a beginner knitter, but I cannot imagine knitting needles NOT being in my hands! I saw her later this afternoon in carpool line and gave her a little wave. Apparently my mission has been accomplished because she didn't wave back, she was busy knitting! I could tell she was still holding the needles tight. I know she will relax. I started my new sweater this afternoon. I did a swatch and it came out just right. The sweater is going to be fun! I love the way the colors are turning out. It looks like a water color. I will finish one ball of yarn this evening. My sister in law is coming from the Houston area tomorrow. My brother is making her evacuate. He is on some hurricane relief team and cannot leave but is sending her up with their dog. I will enjoy her company but I know she is dreading leaving my brother behind. What should be about a 5 hour drive will probably take her twice that if not more with the traffic that has already begun. And it looks like we are going to get some rain as well. We could use it but I don't know if we need 12 inches at once! Anybody a fan of "Lost"? I watched it this evening and it didn't answer any of my questions. I guess I'll have to watch it again next week. Do you think "they" (the writers) even know where "they" are going with this? I'm curious about the outcome, what's the plan? I'm a fan, what can I say!

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I think it's such a gradual shift from beginning knitter that we don't really realize it until we see a new knitter. Then it's like, wow. I used to be just like that! I'm a huge Lost fan. All I can say is "What the heck is going on?" I'm more lost :-) now than I was all last season. I hope your brother stays safe and your sister-in-law has a safe trip.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Good luck with the houseguests. It is good that she can come and stay with you. This storm sure looks awful...

I am a big fan of Lost too--I really liked last night's episode.

11:02 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Don't you LOVE that feeling!!! I taught someone to knit the other day and I had the same sensations. It's like, oh, I really DO know how to do this!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

I'm also a huge fan of "Lost". I have felt from the start that they are all dead. Each is a better person after the crash than they were before...they'v worked on their weaknesses...even the guy underground I thought was some kind of "angel" when Jack met him earlier in the stadium. Just my take. I'm addicted to the show, however. Hope you can borrow a camera soon so we can see your projects!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home