Tuesday, September 20, 2005

He said Mom Do You Need More?

So this morning I'm running around trying to get the boys out the door on time since hubby is still out of town. I had a doctor's appointment right after dropping off last son so I had to get up extra early and really get dressed instead of just throwing on running clothes. So, if you are going to sit in a doctor's office chances are very good you better bring your knitting. I may have mentioned to my boys that I would be visiting my LYS today. My youngest son was with me in my craft room as I rummaged through the yarn (because I finished my other shawl last night- yippee) and he looks at my bins of yarn and said "Mom do you need more yarn? Shouldn't you use all this first?" The boy is 6, what does he know? I asked "Have you been talking to your Dad?" Note to self: keep that boy away from the husband - just in case! So I threw caution to the wind and got myself down to the LYS after the doctor's appointment. My LYS owner had gotten in new stuff! Now there is even more stuff I want. So what did I purchase? I bought a pattern and yarn by Reynolds and the yarn (acrylic/wool blend) is called Smile. I am doing an easy pullover and the colors are in blue, purple, pink, green and yellow. That will be my at-home project and then my carpool line, soccer, football project is ANOTHER shawl. The La Boheme "Taos" color. I'm knitting up the "Fabulous Shawl" on the size 17s. It will be pretty. I also purchased some more baby alpaca but in a cream color. The LYS owner made a pattern on sweater wizard that I will do with the red and cream baby alpaca. The 2/3 will be red and the bottom 1/3 will be cream. (I wonder if my sons would be amazed that I could do the fractions on that) Hopefully it will look good. And I still have to do my sweater from Artyarns in serenade. And then I found some more yarn that I want to purchase for another easy pullover from Knitting Pure & Simple. I've also seen and have some cute patterns for felted bags that I want to do. And then I would like to . . . "Do You Need More Yarn" . . . YES! It was good to lift the self imposed restriction!

5 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

kids are so naive! "do you need more yarn"
Ha! Does Pamela Anderson struggle to see her navel??

12:22 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

what does he mean "why do you need more yarn?" I don't know - it must be a man thing as my husband comes out with similar (the boys are slightly smarter and keep schtumm), what I keep explaining (like a broken record), is that yes, I might have enough at the moment, however, that does not take into account all the needy yarn out there needing a home and a loving pair of hands to knit it into a project. Now if left upto me, yes I could happily sit at home with one project in tow (as if...), but really in this day and age when there is all that yarn with nowhere to go to it is the decent caring thing to adopt the odd stray ball......
I am not doing it for myself (no, never).

4:53 AM  
Blogger knit only but also said...

what does he mean "why do you need more yarn?" I don't know - it must be a man thing as my husband comes out with similar (the boys are slightly smarter and keep schtumm), what I keep explaining (like a broken record), is that yes, I might have enough at the moment, however, that does not take into account all the needy yarn out there needing a home and a loving pair of hands to knit it into a project. Now if left upto me, yes I could happily sit at home with one project in tow (as if...), but really in this day and age when there is all that yarn with nowhere to go to it is the decent caring thing to adopt the odd stray ball......
I am not doing it for myself (no, never).

4:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Kids say the darndest things! How cute is that. Wow, sounds like the LYS was a total success. All your projects sound fabulous. I can't wait to see the in-progress photos.

9:53 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

It sounds like you have some neat projects coming up. Of course you need more yarn! You can never have enough.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home