Sunday, September 11, 2005

Fun Size

What is fun about a fun size Snickers? I bought some today for my Granddaddy - a special treat while he is visiting with us this week. I gave him one after dinner and helped myself to one as well. I thought while eating it that it wasn't fun it was just temptation to eat the entire bag. And I can hear them calling me from the kitchen right now. I think I will hide them somewhere I can't hear them. Maybe I'll give them to Granddaddy to keep in his room. That will keep me safe! While at the grocery store today, I had 4 compliments on my shawl. It is an easy triangle shawl that I made with black eyelash and silver/gold/black ladder yarn. I fringed it with the ladder yarn which I really think adds a little oomfh to it. I think they are both Berrocco brand. Two of the ladies were interested in me selling it to them right then and there and maybe I should have, but I didn't. I make these triangle shawls for gifts quite often and only have 3 for myself. ONLY 3! I must knit more! My husband tells me I should knit several up and take them to local botiques to see if they would sell them for me. How do you go about doing that? How do you measure for time making them as well as getting your cost back on the yarn? Will people pay for that? Why are fun size Snicker's supposed to be fun? They aren't! Can you hear them calling me?

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Austin said...

Great blog. I have a well fargo home equity loan blog myself. It's about well fargo home equity loan. Please visit, thanks!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

that is so funny that they wanted to buy the shawl right off of your back!

I think it is often pretty difficult to recoup your time and money spent on the knit when selling in boutiques... but you never really know until you try!

Good luck!

...and thanks for your kind words on my blog. It is nice to meet you ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

That is so true. I hate fun size candy bars. I need the real deal. FOR SURE! However, I do like to freeze the fun size because they're easier to pop right in. Have you ever tried biting down on a frozen snickers full size? Ouch.

I'm loving the pictures :)

7:42 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

what a compliment they wanted to buy your shawl!

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home